Brogues For Men To Go With Everything You Wear
Brogues For Men To Go With Everything You Wear
Brogues look unique due to the distinct punching patterns in them. It is their USP and the source of their universal appeal. Brogues are defined by the perforated patterns on the shoe uppers. This pattern is called broguing. Any shoe with a broguing pattern can also be called a brogue. So, if an oxford shoe or a monk strap shoe, or a Chelsea boot has a broguing pattern, they will also be called brogue shoes. Let's have a look at some of the best brogue shoes that are in vogue currently.
Brogues for Men- Popular Designs
Have a look at some popular designs of brogues below.
Wingtips are the full brogues that have complete broguing patterns from lacing panels to heels, and a "W" shaped extension that finishes along the sides to the toe box medallion. Due to the full patterns, these can be worn with casual wear too.
2. Half Brogue Shoes
Half-brogues also called semi-brogues have full punching patterns except for the wingtip patterns along the sides of the shoes. The less detailing makes them a bit more formal than wingtips.
3. Quarter Brogues
Quarter brogues have broguing patterns just on the toe-cap seam. The minimal amount of detailing makes them ideal as dress shoes.
4. Medallion Brogues for Men
Medallion brogues have punching patterns in the shape of a medallion only on the toe cap of the shoe. The minimal amount of detailing also makes them ideal as formal shoes.
5. Spectator Brogues
Spectator brogues are a type of full brogues made of two contrasting shades of leather. This striking look makes them perfect for casual wear.
6. Derby Brogues
Derby brogues are Derby shoes with broguing patterns on them. These are the best brogue shoes to be paired with semi-formal and smart casual wear.
7. Monk Brogues for Men
Monk brogues are monk strap shoes with broguing patterns on them. Just like derby brogues, these can be paired with smart casuals, semi-formals, and even formal wear.
8. Oxford Brogues
Oxford brogues are Oxford shoes with broguing patterns on them. These generally have minimal patterns and are the best brogue shoes for formal wear.
Brogues for Men with Different Outfits?
Brogues shoes are versatile footwear that works with all types of clothes and outfits. Here are some of the ways to style brogues with popular men's wear.
Best Brogue Shoes with Jeans
Brogues with jeans work well and look great as a smart casual look. Here are some of the ways you can pair your denim wear with brogues.
Brogues for Men with Gym and Leisure Wear
You won't believe it but brogues to some extent work well with gym wear also. Have a look at some styling ideas for brogues with leisure and gym wear.
3. Pair your two-toned lace-up brogues with charcoal cargo pants and wear them with a red checked flannel shirt. For winter, wear a grey wool bomber jacket for a game-changing look.
Best Brogue Shoes with Shorts
Brogues look amazing with well-cut shorts. You get a certain preppy and sophisticated look that is perfect for vacations. Here are some styling ideas for wearing brogues with shorts.
3. For a day out at the beach, pair your light blue denim shorts with a white short sleeve shirt. Pair them with blue or black brogues and look the king of casual cool.
Brogues for Men with Chinos
Chinos are more casual wear than dress pants. These work well with business casuals and even semi-formal wear. Here are some of the ways you can style your brogues with chinos for a relaxed and sophisticated look.
4. Wear your black chinos and combine them with a light blue chambray long sleeve shirt. Throw in a navy blazer for winters. Pair them with gray or black leather square-toed brogues to look effortlessly dapper.
Best Brogue Shoes with Tailored Trousers and Suits
Brogues are meant to be worn with dress pants and suits. Whether for office wear or a formal event or even for a business lunch, here are some of the ways to style brogues with dress pants and suits.
1. Wear a navy blue vertical striped suit with a dark blue navy oxford shirt and a matching tie. Pair them with blue leather double monk strap brogues for an amazing monochromatic look. If feeling chilly, then add a dark brown overcoat for an eye-catching contrast.
2. For a stylish on-the-edge look, wear a gray fitted suit with a black knitted tee-shirt. You can also substitute the tee with a black turtleneck for winters. Pair them with elegant gray or black décor brogue shoes.
4. Wear your light blue tailored trousers with a black print dress shirt. Pair them with two-toned monk strap brogues to make an amazing fashion statement.
5. Wear a teal suit with a checked geometric short sleeve shirt for a smart casual look. Bump it to full formal wear by substituting the short-sleeved shirt with a proper white dress shirt. Wear a spectator brogue for a casual look and black or blue décor brogues for a formal style.