How To Measure Your Shoe Size For a Perfect Fit in Your Shoes
How To Measure Men Shoe Size: A Step Wise Guide with Chart
It is said that the first thing noticed about men are their shoes. But getting a nice pair of shoes is not enough. They have to fit well too. Many of us would have the mistake of purchasing and wearing an ill-fitting shoe. An ill-fitting shoe is more than just a waste of money. You suffer terrible discomfort like aching feet, blisters and painful walking. Spending a decent amount of your hard-earned money should at least get you a comfortable wearing experience. We empathize with you and have written this article so you get an accurate idea of men's shoe size and get the right and well-fitting pair of shoes you rightly deserve.
How to Measure Men Size Chart Shoes
Follow the instructions below to measure your feet for the right fit.
- Get a measuring tape, 2 sheets of unlined white paper, a chair to sit on, and a pen, pencil, or marker.
- Wear somewhat thick socks or the socks you usually wear with the shoes.
- Place and press your foot on the paper, slightly shifting forward to flatten the foot.
- Trace the outline of your foot on the paper. Ensure that the pen is upright and doesn’t go under the feet or outwards from the feet. It should accurately get the shape of your foot on the paper.
- Repeat the process for the other feet as the feet differ slightly in size.
- Measure the length and width of your feet from the drawing. It should be measured end to end. From the longest toe or finger in the front to the farthest at the heel and the two widest points of the foot for the width.
- Write down the length and width of your feet in inches and centimetres. Subtract them by 0.18 inches and 0.47 centimetres respectively to get the right feet size.
- If your foot size is between two standard sizes, then choose the bigger size for a better fit and comfort.
Men Shoe Size Conversion
Indian shoe sizes differ from that of USA and EU shoe sizes. To compare a US shoe size to an Indian, subtract 0.5 from the former. For eg. a US size 10 will be 9.5 Indian sizes. Euro sizes are a bit tricky to compare. You need to consult the chart below or the retailer chart for reference. For eg, an Indian size 5.5 to 6 would be 39 size euro while an Indian size 7 would be euro size 40-41.
Indian and UK shoe sizes are the same so if you fit an Indian size 9 and you love a pair of UK size 9, then go ahead, and make your purchase. You will get the right fit.
Size Chart for Men's Shoes Conversion
We have compiled the table below showing the sizes in inches and centimetres and their corresponding sizes in India, the UK, the US, and Eu fits.
The above conversion guide will help you greatly, but whenever possible try the shoes before buying. If purchasing from an online store, try immediately after delivery to ensure you get the right fit.
So, this is your men's shoe size conversion guide. When in doubt, always opt for the Indian shoe size or a UK one as they are the same. Check out Bespoke Men's Collection from Saint G.